About JDHIt is a history of long journey. It started its journey from a very small "Dispensary". In 1922 Jhargram was declared as a Sub-Division. In 1924, the Royal family of Jhargram established a Dispensary, namely "CHANDICHARAN CHARITABLE DISPENSARY" to pay homage to the Empire , Late Chandicharan Malladev in the centre of Jhargram town to serve the local people.
Primarily the dispensary was started in a hut. Later, about in 1932 AD the dispensary was reconstructed. After independence, Government took over the whole land & the dispensary. And in 1956 A.D, the old building was renovated & reconstructed to turn it as a Sub-Divisional Hospital.
In 2012, as a part of Government decision for establishing Jhargram Sub-Division into a District of West Bengal, this sub-division was declared as 'Jhargram Health District'. As a result on 11/01/2012, this hospital got the status of a "District Hospital".
Hon'ble chief Minister, Smt. Mamata Banerjee is so kind and empathetic for the people of Jangal Mahal that she considered to construct a Super Specialty Hospital for the people. A beautiful five storied building of Super Specialty Hospital was constructed whose surface area is about 80,000 sq. ft. Not only the building was constructed, all ultra modern medical equipments like CT scan, Ultrasonography, Digital X-ray, C-arm, Endoscopy, Laparoscopy and many more were added to provide most advance modern medical service to the people. Many other modern life saving facilities like "critical care unit (CCU)' Dialysis Unit, Sick Neonatal care unit(SNCU), and many more were also established in parallel.
On 11th February 2016, Hon'ble Chief Minister Smt. Mamata Banerjee inaugurated Jhargram Super Specialty Hospital. Subsequently existing District Hospita was merged with the Super Specialty Hospital. Some wards and facilities were re-distributed in these buildings. Last but not the least; our beloved CM has sanctioned 100 seat capacity GNM training school which is another milestone of Jhargram.
- Jhargram (ঝাড়গ্রাম) is a municipality town in the Jhargram district in the Indian state of West Bengal.
- It is a district head quarter.
- As per available records a "Dispensary" was build up by the Royal family of Jhargram to serve the peoples of the locality. Subsequently it was renovated as "Jhargram Sub-Divisional Hospital" by the Government.
- Land of the Hospital was donated by Royal family of Jhargram, Mallahdev.
- Located at Jhargram Municipality Ward No- (12) in a very pleasant place surrounded by long Shawl Trees.
- On and from 11.01.2012 (vide G.O. HF/O/MA/66/1P-17/2011 dated - 11.01.2012) this hospital was Declared as "Jhargram District Hospital" under the Jhargram Health District.
- Government has build up a five storied "Super Specialty Hospital" in the premises of the hospital. On and from 11/02/2016 the existing District hospital had been merged with the super specialty hospital.
- Now the hospital is serving not only the peoples of jhargram, also the peoples of nearby districts and states.